We are surveying our volunteer base about the areas that they would like to be notified about volunteer opportunities....click to take the survey...
When: May 21st at 11:30am
Where: Hopkins American Legion, 10 12th Ave S, Hopkins, MN 55343
Program: Continued Benefit planning and military family outreach
Edina – Hopkins – Minnetonka – St Louis Park
Southwest Twin Cities
Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Cities
as a part of the Southwest Twin Cities Beyond The Yellow Ribbon Network.
Officially proclaimed on
Saturday, October 12, 2013 -
Video by Nashville Recording Artist Beau Davidson made for the cermony:
Southwest Twin Cities Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Coalition includes the cities of Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka and St. Louis Park. Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is a comprehensive program that creates awareness for the purpose of connecting service members and their families with community support.
Southwest Twin Cities Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is a group of community volunteers coming together to try to build a cooperative of communities who qualify as Beyond The Yellow Ribbon Communities. Visit About Us to find out more.
- Coordinated the donation and installation of a new furnace for a veteran that had theirs go out.
- Arranged with 2nd Wind to donate a stationary bike to a veteran for rehab in Edina
- We provided a wheelchair to a veteran during rehab in Hopkins
- We helped a female veteran who had been living in her car to find an apartment Edina. And she now has a SNAP card to buy food.
- We helped to move a hospital bed from a home in Wayzata to the apartment of a veteran in St. Paul.
- We helped to provide a walker to a veterans' spouse in Hopkins.