We are surveying our volunteer base about the areas that they would like to be notified about volunteer opportunities....click to take the survey...
"Unlocking Social Security" seminar
When: April 22, 6-8 p.m.
Where: Hopkins VFW Post 425, Hopkins
About: Learn more about Social Security and how it can play an important role in your retirement income planning. Please join Kevin Beaubien from Transamerica for an information presentation.
When: April 24, 7 p.m.
Where: Hopkins City Hall - Raspberry Room, Hopkins
Program: Vet Center Program presentation
Edina – Hopkins – Minnetonka – St Louis Park
Southwest Twin Cities
Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Cities
as a part of the Southwest Twin Cities Beyond The Yellow Ribbon Network.
Officially proclaimed on
Saturday, October 12, 2013 -
Video by Nashville Recording Artist Beau Davidson made for the cermony:
Southwest Twin Cities Beyond the Yellow Ribbon Coalition includes the cities of Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka and St. Louis Park. Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is a comprehensive program that creates awareness for the purpose of connecting service members and their families with community support.
Southwest Twin Cities Beyond the Yellow Ribbon is a group of community volunteers coming together to try to build a cooperative of communities who qualify as Beyond The Yellow Ribbon Communities. Visit About Us to find out more.
- Arranged with 2nd Wind to donate a stationary bike to a veteran for rehab in Edina
- We provided a wheelchair to a veteran during rehab in Hopkins
- We helped a female veteran who had been living in her car to find an apartment Edina. And she now has a SNAP card to buy food.
- We helped to move a hospital bed from a home in Wayzata to the apartment of a veteran in St. Paul.
- We helped to provide a walker to a veterans' spouse in Hopkins.